Designed and built in light with a strong belief that a sustainable approach is vital to supplying high-quality buildings, and all its elements have been purposely chosen to make efficient use of energy and resources.
The key sustainable aspect of the building is its triple-layer glass ‘skin’ responding to the sun’s movement, keeping the office space comfortably cool throughout the working day.
The vents in the external glazing every seventh storey allow the air to flow freely around the cavity reducing greatly the need for artificial cooling – which normally would be the highest single source of energy use in an office building.
Systems have been put in place to ensure resources are managed efficiently on an ongoing basis, for example 293 energy meters monitoring energy usage have been installed throughout the building.
The ground level public space, which includes escalators offering direct access into the building itself, is one of the largest reception areas in the City to date, offering a seamless transition from the street into the building.
Unlike most high-rise buildings built around a central concrete core providing lateral stability, this building’s south side features a steel “megaframe” that gives it its strength and offers fewer internal columns, allowing more flexibility in how space can be used as well as easier access to breath-taking views of London.
The building’s north side is where all the building’s services and a range of fast glass panoramic lifts are contained. The lifts are the fastest in Europe, taking just 30 seconds to reach the 45th floor.
- 610,001 sq ft / 56,671 sq m of office space available
- Office finished floor to ceiling height of 2.75m with 150mm raised floor
- 'Excellent' BREEAM rating
- Designed and built to British Land's Sustainability Brief for Developments
- Stunning double height reception with elegant high gloss finishes and custom-made furniture
- Low-flow water fixtures and fittings
- 4 x HV generators
Generator (capacity 2,500 kVA each). 100% building load backup
- 8 x mid level 21 person passenger lifts 5.0 m/s
- 8 x high level 21 person passenger lifts 8.0 m/s
- 2 x public space access, 17 person passenger lifts 1.0 m/s
- 2 x firefighting lifts of 800kg
- 2 x goods lifts 3,600kg 2.5 m/s
- Passenger lifts have an average peak waiting time of less than 25 seconds and an average time to destination of less than 90 seconds
- Population density: Means of escape 220 persons per floor