One of the most iconic and instantly recognisable buildings of the City of London offering unrivalled 360 degree views and 499,445 sq ft / 46,400 sq m net of office space, and two high-speed, high-capacity passenger lifts. The building is forty-one storeys high and contains offices, a restaurant, a shopping arcade and a surrounding plaza at street level.
Ideally located within easy walking distance of Liverpool Street mainline and underground station, Bank and Monument underground stations and Fenchurch Street mainline station.
Generated by a ‘radial plan’, the building’s energy-conscious enclosure brings together walls, roof and a continuous triangulated ‘skin’. The ‘radial plan’ results in a column-free floor space as well as ample light and 360 degree views. The atria between the radiating fingers of each floor link together vertically to form a series of informal break-out spaces.
Compared with a straight-lined tower of comparable size, the building’s profile reduces wind deflections which creates external pressure differentials that are exploited to drive a unique system of natural ventilation, helping to maintain a comfortable environment at ground level. This also reduces the building’s reliance on air conditioning and is one of sustainable measures that allow using only half the energy consumed by a conventionally air-conditioned office tower.
- Four pipe fan coil air conditioning
- Metal tile suspended ceilings
- Recessed Category II down-lighters
- Fully accessible raised floors – 150mm void
- 2.75m finished floor to ceiling height
- Male, female and dedicated disabled persons’ WCs on each floor
- 16 high-speed 21-person passenger lifts
- Dual power supply
- Stand-by generation (subject to infrastructure upgrades and will be allocated on a load availability basis)
- Access to the restaurant and panoramic lounge bar on levels 39 & 40
- Bicycle racks
- 24 hour access and security
- Plaza amenities