“Let’s chat over coffee” – one of the most common pre-cursors to any get together. Coffee brings people together and as the days become colder and shorter – that comforting ‘cuppa’ is a must to get the day started.
Stereotypes suggest that Brits favour a builder’s brew over any other beverage but new figures released by the British Coffee Association (BCA) tell a different story.
“In the last decade we’ve gone from a country of tea sippers who enjoy the occasional instant coffee, to a nation of seasoned coffee connoisseurs exploring a large variety of roast and ground blends,” said Chris Stemman, Executive Director of the BCA.
We now drink approximately 95 million cups of coffee per day in the UK.
These flexible workplaces have onsite cafes, so for coffee lovers from all sectors, you can catch up with clients, colleagues and friends without leaving the building.
Here is a selection of our best flexible offices for coffee lovers:
Why we love it: The original classic building décor is mixed with mid-century design touches, Mortimer house is also home to the ground floor restaurant ‘Mortimer House Kitchen’ as it is open to the public it is a perfect place to entertain clients. There is also a small breakfast bar in one of the lounges upstairs where you can get your morning coffee perfectly made for you along with fresh muesli. Prices start from £900 per desk.
Why we love it: This was the home of the ministry of defence which has been refurbished with a distinct urban feel. There is also an on-site cafe for you to grab your coffee and cake for a break away from the computer screen. Prices start from £825.00 per desk.
Why we love it: This one has to be our favourite as it has a members club feel, it also has a sit up bar to meet clients, you can grab more than a coffee here if needed. This also has an Italian restaurant based within the building. Prices start from £675.00 per desk.
Why we love it: There is flexible meeting areas which are perfect for informal meetings, where you can meet with clients or colleagues in professional surroundings. This provides a luxurious space with complimentary WiFi, refreshments, tea and Nespresso, the king of coffee. Prices start from £700 per desk.
To find out more contact one of our consultants on 0207 096 9911.
Things you might not know about Coffee:
- Coffee was originally a food – Coffee Berries were mixed with fat to create an energy rich snack ball. It was also confused as a wine when made from the pulp of coffee berries.
- Regularly drinking coffee may have health benefits such as reduced risk of illnesses like cancer, heart disease and alzheimers.
- Coffee stays warmer about 20% longer when you add cream.
- There is more caffeine in an average cup of drip coffee than in espresso
- Adding milk weakens the effect of caffeine
- There is a Starbucks at the Central Intelligence Agency, however this means your name will be not be on the side of your cup!